We’ll cross the lanes of Aziz Mulk Street, Check the New Street Art at Model School Road, Anjuman Mosque and then move to the avenues of Khader Nawaz Khan road and check the City’s only Luxury Mall, Fashion Street.
Route : https://goo.gl/maps/Jy8RW
Date : 15Feb’15, Sunday
Time : 630 am (upto 845-9 am)
Starting Point : Near the Subway at Annamalai & Model School Road Junction (near erstwhile HP Petrol Bunk & Bajaj / KTM Showroom)
No need for any registration, pls land up at the starting point at 630am on the given day
Car / Two wheeler parking will be an issue, so come earlier and find parking in the lanes inside.
The Neighbourhood that came into existence, thanks to The World Trade Fair held in 1968. Named after the CM Mr Annadurai C N.
Starting Point : In front of WITCO, Round Tana. @ 430 pm
We walk along :-
1) The Huge Statue that plays the Tabla
2) Wall Mural on Revolution
3) Dr Visveswaraya Tower park
4) 138 feet (42 m) tall Annanagar Tower (Sadly, Entry is not allowed to the top of the tower since last 2 years)
5) Anna Nagar Club (Erstwhile Kerala Pavilion in the Fair)
6) Ayyappa Samajam
End : Ashok Pan House / Aavin Parlour
Date : 31st Januay’15, Saturday
Route : https://goo.gl/maps/lsgsK
1) No need for registrations, Just reach the starting point at the announced time.
2) You can carry your tripods for low light pictures at the Park.
3) Ample Car Parking is there near the Tower Park entrance & the lane near WITCO / Bata / VIP. (Reach early to find a parking)
Coordinated by : Ram (9444062684)
Yes, the Conde’Nast Traveller has mentioned The Chennai Photowalk as a Must Do in Chennai amongst the Best Walking Tours.
Check the Link : http://www.cntraveller.in/story/best-walking-tours-7-indian-cities
A walk along the peaceful neighbourhood nestled within Besant Nagar, and along the places of worship ( 1- Arupadai Veedu, 2 – ashtalakshmi temple & 3- Annai Velankanni Shrine ) on the shores of Bay of Bengal.
Starting point : The french Loaf , Besent Nagar
Time : 6.30 AM
Walk Leader – Hari
Contact : 9962929206
Route : https://goo.gl/maps/Qrbt2
Old is the new New
Walk and explore the hidden gems of Sowcarpet.
Route : https://goo.gl/maps/JcWHc
Date : 28-Dec’14, Sunday
Time : 06:30 am
Starting Point : In front of St Thomas School, Behind the Park, Off Prakasam (Broadway Road) Salai.
Walk Leader : Mahendran – 9094002468
1) Finding Parking is tough at these spots, so come early to find one. Preferably park near Highcourt and walk to this Starting Point.
2) No need for Registrations, just land up at the Starting Point at the mentioned date/time
This walk route covers the followings
1. Varadharaja Perumal temple (Starting point)
2. Vaidheeswaran temple
3. Big Mosque
4. Big Church
5. Oldest Cemetery
6. School of the Visually Impaired
Etymology – The name “Poonamallee” derived from “Poovirundavalli”, meaning “the place where jasmine is cultivated”. In Sanskrit, the place is called Pushpakavalli. Pushpam’ means flower and Valli denotes Goddess. There is a legend that Goddess Lakshmi rose from jasmine flower and gave darshan to Thirukatchi Nambi Alwar. It is also said the Alwar worshipped God Varadaraja, deity at Kanchi with the jasmine flowers plucked from here. This place is also called “Lakshmipuram’ and Ulagu Vuyya Konda Cholapuram.
Google map route – https://goo.gl/maps/wcVfM
Meeting / Starting point – Varadharaja Perumal temple (land mark – near to Sri Krishna textiles)
Walk lead by : Sivakumar P (+91 99944 82210)
Yes Koyambedu is the transition from the word Kusalavapuri or from Sri Kusalavapureeswarar.
Are you game for clicking low light? Are you game to click Brinjals, Tomato’s, Banana’s, Oleander’s, Ladies Finger heaps, Capsicum crowds, Jackfruits, Marigolds & more.
If life throws you a lemon, make lemonade
Walk Leads : Sivakumar (9994482210) & Hari (9962929206), call them if you’re lost enroute.
Date : 23-Nov’14, Sunday
Time : 06:30 am
Meeting Point : Hotel Hot Chips @ Periyar Vegetable Market, Koyambedu
Route : https://goo.gl/maps/A0AWn